Monday, July 4, 2011

Overdue

As I sit in Starbucks, like I do everyday to relax and enjoy my iced coffee, I realized that I haven't posted a blog in a while. Not that I am worried that you would particularly care about my average life and are wondering what I've been up to; however, I started this blog essentially as an outlet and as a type of journal and I have been neglecting it. It's time to fill in the past three months:

I was hired at Books-A-Million in April and have been doing really well. I make a lot of extra "spiff" money for selling magazine subscriptions and discount cards. I suppose this is a testament of my ability as a salesperson. I was quite surprised that I was a natural at selling things and now I'm quite proud of the fact that I can make an extra $50 or so a week just because people like to buy things from me.

By this point you may or may not be wondering why the hell I'm not in California as the blog title suggests. I struggled for sometime, and still struggle, with the fact that I am not there yet, but after talking with my best friends, I've realized that I don't owe anyone an explanation. But, in case you're wondering, the plan to move is still on; I've just decided to save more money to be financially secure and not have to worry about crawling back to Georgia after I moved because I ran out of money.

As for my family, my mom has lost her job. Long story short: her former boss fired her for no legal reason and she is taking legal action. None-the-less it is understandably causing a lot of stress in her life that trickles down to mine. But, we're staying positive. My mom and dad are both dating someone. It was strange at first, and very awkward, but I'm starting to get used to it. They're actually really nice people. My dad is still riding my back about college and life in general, but I ignore him for the most part. He doesn't understand that I don't have to do everything as he would do it or the way he thinks I should do it, but I accept that he doesn't get that. And, my sister is home for the summer and doing fine. She still annoys me, but its mutual, I am sure, and we've had some fun pool days since she's been back.

Now that things are somewhat filled in, I'm going to go back to enjoying my coffee and reading my new book. :)

-Cody

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete