Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just One More Step

So, it's been awhile since I've updated you guys and that is because, sadly, not much has been going on. In order for me to have a successful and smooth transition to Los Angeles, there are four key steps that have got to happen. Those steps are as follows: 1) find a sublease, 2) quit my job, 3) purchase a more fuel efficient and dependable vehicle and 4) find an apartment to rent. I can proudly say, that as of yesterday, I have checked off steps 1-3. Yes, you read correctly- I've got a new car! I really like it a lot and am very excited that I am one step closer to finally, as my dad would put it, "getting my ass on the road." I went up to Marietta yesterday morning with my mom and dad in tow to look at, and hopefully purchase, a car that I had found on AutoTrader. We got there, test drove it and started the paperwork. I'm proud to present the very first thing that I have ever truly owned to myself:


Now, that I have completed this step, I only have one more to go and I've been working hard to make it happen. It's really hard to try to find an apartment that's affordable, decent and safe. The most important of those three are affordability and safety and I'm not going to sacrifice those two things just to move out to L.A. more quickly. I don't want to end up broke, dead or both. I've called many places that fit those criteria but to my luck, they didn't have units available any time soon. I'm hanging in there though and not giving up on my search. It will happen when its meant to happen but I'm just ready to get the hell out of Warner Robins.

Also, I think that this would be a good time to properly introduce this guy that I've been talking to for quite some time now. He is from Augusta and his name is Miguel. He's been helping me out tremendously and visiting when he has breaks from work and school. Some people may say "Why are you going to let yourself get involved with someone when you're moving across the country soon?" but, it's none of their business. If I'm happy and he's happy and we are ok with the situation- it really doesn't matter.

Now, I must continue scouring through Craigslist and the various apartment sites that I have bookmarked. I am determined to be on my way to California as soon as possible! 

-Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment