Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Going Away Party

Even though I'm not leaving for a another week or so, I decided to have my going away party last night before all of my close friends headed back to school to begin their semester. It had been a while since we were all together and it was nice to have one last get together with people that I've spent the last five years. Looking around at my party was also somewhat strange. Strange that they will all going back to their colleges and here I am temporarily giving up school and going way out of my comfort zone. It was also strange that it was possibly the last time that I would see them for a very long time because I have no idea when I will be able to make it back for a visit.

As everyone was leaving my house, like always, I started thinking. Sometimes I wish I didn't think so much. I was thinking about how we are all going to change in the next year or so and how everything might be when I do come back to visit. Change is inevitable, I know that. I've changed a lot in the past few years but, my friends have changed with me. The difference now is that we are still going to change, but we won't be changing together.

Then I fast forwarded three years from now, and I can see all of them have graduated college and have gone on to pursue careers in their major and I'm in California (hopefully being successful). This put me at ease because I realized that sooner or later we would all have to move apart and pursue our dreams. This is a natural part of life and I'm just doing it a little sooner than everyone else. We will all change sooner or later. That isn't a bad thing. What is most important is that five years from now when we all get together again and despite our changes in life and within ourselves, we will be able to click back together and just pick up right where we left off. I think we'll be just fine.

Thanks you guys, for being there for me and with me through everything that I've been through in the past five years. I honestly and truly could not have done it with out your support. You guys mean everything to me and I will miss you guys tremendously. You guys are great.

-Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment